plumeria flowers




Plumeria is almost past its peak. Plumeria grows really well here in San Diego. It is so fragrant. Every time I see the flowers, I remember the plumeria leis in Hawaii. The one in the picture is the typical plumeria you see in Hawaii. I also have one that called "Raibow". The flower has pink, yellow and white colors, but it is still small and only have a few flowers. I also have a yellow flowered "cerise" and a red-flowered plumeria that have yet to flower. But they all grow very well and I can imagine the glorious flowers they will have next summer.

The "cerise" had 3 branches. So, I cut 2 branches off, let them dried in the shade for a week and put the dried stems to 2 pots. The leaves are starting to growing on the top of the stems, one of the stem actually has several flower buds. So, hopefully this means they have rooted and will grow and flower next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ornamental Kale (Brassica oleracea 'Acephala')

Wax jambu revisited

Sugarcane